Butter and IBS
I have to add butter, yogurt, milk and cheese all separately because some people can tolerate specific dairy products. It’s all to do with the processes and how much the milk is fermented. Some products won’t have as much lactose as others so if you have a problem with lactose you might find bio yogurt or hard cheese OK because these have little lactose in them.
So today I start adding real butter – yum yum! I haven’t had butter for over a year as I was convinced dairy was a problem for me. It does make sense to try each dairy product separately so I’m hoping I might get a nice surprise!
It’s been very difficult finding margarine that is dairy free and vegetable oil free. The only one I found was Organic Pure but recently my local supermarket has stopped stocking it so I’ve had to ask my mum to get it from her local store. To be able to have butter would be really great.
Yes! I have had 3 days with butter and no symptoms what so ever. This is great. Butter is now something I can have when previously I have avoided it. I’m already thinking of foods that I would like but haven’t had in ages. If wheat is OK and oats then I can have flap jacks, cakes, croissants…… I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Tomorrow I shall add bacon!
Bestsellers On Amazon
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Nov 14 11:23:34 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Related IBS Articles
- Tomato Puree and IBS - Took a couple of days to get to normal after the last reaction with tapioca. Today I'm adding tomato....
- Yoghurt and IBS - Today I'm adding yoghurt - cows milk yoghurt and a bio one. Apparently the bacteria break down lacto....
- Eggs and IBS - I had one day of IBS pain following the onion so its now 2 days later (I have to have a completely s....
- Cheese and IBS - Day 1 Well today I added cheese - just a bit of melted cheese on a jacket potato (but I don't eat th....
- Cows milk and IBS - Day 1 I am really looking forward to today and adding cows milk. I'm feeling positive about this bec....